Yesterday’s leadership skills will not work in today’s fast-moving and evolving world. Only creative leaders who are visionary and empathetic will succeed. Here are five things you can do to succeed as a creative leader:
- Instead of commanding, coach your team and organization toward success.
- Don’t manage people, empower them. The know-how, experience, and solutions are often out there; it’s a matter of helping people discover them.
- Cultivate respect by giving it, instead of demanding it.
- Know how to manage both success and failure.
- Show graciousness in your management rather than greediness. Be humble about your successes and whenever possible, give someone else the opportunity to shine.